:: MONOCHROMATIX :: random stuff from the 604 :: MONOCHROMATIX ::

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Hostel

Synopsis:
HOSTEL tells the story of two adventurous American college buddies Paxton and Josh who backpack through Europe eager to make quintessentially hazy travel memories with new friend Oli, an Icelander they've met along the way.

Paxton and Josh are eventually lured by a fellow traveler to what's described as a nirvana for American backpackers - a particular hostel in an out-of-the-way Slovakian town stocked with Eastern European women as desperate as they are gorgeous. The two friends arrive and soon easily pair off with exotic beauties Natalya and Svetlana. In fact, too easily…

...

Hostel doesn't do much to glamorize backpacking in Eastern Europe but if you're looking for graphic unadultrated sex and violence, this is a must see.

To tell you the truth I wasn't sure what to expect. Although I'd heard many things about the movie I was afraid that it would turn out to be all hype again. I was pleased to find that IMO this was one of the best horror movies I've watched to date. There were times where the film had my heart racing... wondering how things were going to progress. Times where I caught myself staring at the big-screen in awe... wondering how the special/effects artists made everything look so real =D. Also wondering what atrocities they'd splash on the screen next, hehe.

Anyways, enough of my rambling, go watch it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home